Kimchi Fried Rice:
- store-bought kimchi
- cooked rice
Season as you like with salt and pepper. Add tofu for something more substantial.
- button mushroom
- canned or fresh baby corn
- seafood of choice (shrimps, mussels and/or squid)
- chopsuey seasoning and or oyster sauce
Season with salt and pepper. Thicken sauce using cornstarch and water
Saute garlic in butter. Add shrimp.
Lugaw (Rice Porridge)
- Toppings: sliced green scallions, century eggs, toasted crunchy garlic ( which you get by putting garlic in oil over low fire til they get crunchy)
- any other veggie of choice (eg. string beans, okra etc)
Add coconut cream when squash is soft.
Grilled Salmon Head
Salt the cleaned salmon head and shove it in your oven to grill at 350F until the outside is brown and crisp (just keep checking!)
This is so good, you wished you cooked more. Make sure to salt that fish head good.
Mix the following in a bowl:
- tuna from tuna can
- sliced onions and scallions
- salt and pepper
Kale and Eggs
- Garlic in sesame oil and olive oil
Eat with soft or hard boiled eggs!
Mussels in Broth
- lemon grass
- a bit of white wine (no white wine? no problem. skip it.)
- green onions
- chili leaves or other leafy greens (kale will do)
Season with salt
Chili Tofu and Eggplant
Brown tofu in oil. Saute:
- chili garlic paste (store-bought, I use Lee Kum Kee)